Vice President, Research & Public Policy
The Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB) is a national Indigenous, non-partisan association. Our mission is to promote, strengthen and enhance a prosperous Indigenous economy through the fostering of business relationships, opportunities, and awareness.
As the leader of the Research & Public Policy Team your principal role is achieving the ambitious growth plans of CCAB nationwide. Your ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders and promote organizational value to groups makes you a great fit for this position. Some of the stakeholders include, Indigenous leaders, senior business executives, civil service, government officials, elected officials, academics as well as entrepreneurs and owners of SMEs.
The Vice President, Research & Public Policy is responsible for:
- Client service, project planning, resourcing, and account management
- Business development, team development and disseminating knowledge
- A senior presence at key client interface situations with ultimate responsibility for the quality of service provided and business developed on allocated accounts.
- Add value to the client experience by providing advice from a research & policy prospective
- Consultancy and a high level of interpretation and direction
- The promotion of all CCAB proprietary methodologies to all potential clients
- The delivery of an agreed value of business from existing and new clients in line with overhead recovery and net profitability target
- Understand and clearly articulate value and business case for research and data
- Ensure that all projects are sufficiently and appropriately resourced across the team and that our recommended project management and analysis approaches are being adhered to
- Assign teams for every project, taking into consideration: existing client teams and continuity, skills required for the project (e.g., specialist techniques etc.), current workloads and team dynamics/interpersonal skills
- To monitor on a day-to-day basis, resources for live projects, supplementing/modifying teams as required, and generally acting in the role of troubleshooter to ensure smooth progress of all projects.
- To work closely with the Project Managers, taking an overview of the management of all live projects, ensuring that relevant meetings take place – initiation, mid-project update, product handling, field, data processing and data analysis briefings debrief planning and postmortems. This will involve direct liaison with the appropriate office personnel across the relevant departments.
- To scrutinize proposed timings for projects and discuss them with the project managers and key policy team members to ensure that clients’ needs are met.
- Loss leader projects consideration for brand recognition and positioning
- To promote and monitor implementation of correct procedures throughout the team.
- To actively support a review of the research process with project managers, identifying areas for change and assist with such change together with the implementation of an ongoing monitoring process.
- To keep abreast of outstanding proposals to foresee and plan workload levels.
- Provision of internal consultancy, to sign off and manage the costing of all proposals and ensure that overhead recovery targets are monitored and advise the client on a regular basis as to actual results against target.
- Provision of internal consultancy and sign off on research design and debrief content.
- Help with the identification and implementation of organizational efficiency improvements including ways of reducing direct costs.
- The generation of New Business through warm leads generated by CCAB and from other professional contacts.
- The generation of warm leads through promoting awareness of CCAB amongst potential clients and contacts
- The identification of business risk and development opportunities within accounts and the implementation of appropriate solutions.
- To identify future resource needs within the Team and submit proposals with costs for consideration within the budget.
- Ensure that the team recognizes the need for growth and for change and are given enough opportunities to develop and succeed within the business
- Foster an environment which is rewarding, where people have a passion for CCAB and where people enjoy their job (albeit with a high degree of challenge)
- To assist project managers in planning their team’s career development, as well as direct reports, identifying training needs, supporting them with their own line management responsibilities, conducting performance reviews
- Bachelor’s degree required or higher
- A minimum 5-10 years’ experience in similar role
- People Management
- Ability to work with data to develop narratives
- Ability to work both strategically, tactically, and independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. public speaking
- Networking skills and business development
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong relationship management skills with ability to partner with external and internal members.
- Previous people management required
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability.
- Organized, strong record retention and time management skills.
- Excellent independent decision making and creative problem-solving skills.
- High degree of integrity, energy, and initiative.
How to apply:
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com via email, with Vice President, Research & Public Policy in the subject line. No phone calls or agencies.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. CCAB is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are invited to attend an interview and require an accommodation, please advise us in advance of our meeting.
For more information about Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business, visit: www.ccab.com