Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB)
Summer Assistant – Marketing, Membership, Human Resources & Finance
CCAB invites applications for summer positions as Assistants within each team. If you are hardworking, creative and a career-oriented individual that is committed to working for the benefit of the Indigenous community – we want to hear from you.
CCAB is a national nonprofit charitable organization founded in 1984, which is committed to the full-time participation of Indigenous peoples in the Canadian economy. CCAB offers knowledge resources and programs to both business Canada and the Indigenous owned member companies to help foster relationships and economic opportunity in Canada.
Reporting to the Team Managers, we hope you have administrative experience in the areas of research, data collection and general administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The administration, supporting, monitoring of work within each team
- Developing member prospects lists of Indigenous Business Members and non-Indigenous Business Members across Canada (by researching online) and preparing notes on each
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date database and content management systems
- Assisting with the preparation of materials (cover letters, emails and certificates)
- Assist in updating CCAB’s electronic filing system
- Assisting Accounts Receivable (AR) and Accounts Payable (AP) within the team
- Providing technical support to program participants and team members in a timely manner
- All other duties as assigned
- Some relevant work experience would be great
- Previous part time job-related experience an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and excellent computer skills
- Effective interpersonal skills and a collaborative working style is a must
- Exceptional customer service skills; comfortable talking to people with ease
- Good judgement, discretion, tact and the ability to work easily with a nice group of busy people within CCAB
- Established connections within the Indigenous business community and non-profits is an asset and will be helpful
This is a Full Time, summer position with a total of 37.5 hours per week. Monday through Friday, 9 -5 pm. These hours includes an unpaid ½ hour lunch, and two paid fifteen-minute breaks based on employment standards.
Those qualified are asked to submit a cover letter with a resume, outlining work experience and school experience suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information regarding CCAB is available at: www.ccab.com
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those invited to be interviewed will be contacted. Please no telephone calls.