> Progressive Aboriginal Relations – Glossary of Terms
Progressive Aboriginal Relations – Glossary of Terms
GLOSSARY OF TERMS
- CCAB – Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business
- 15-Point Indigenous Relations Questionnaire – To help generate some productive dialogue on how a
company is currently doing on Indigenous relations, and assist them in selecting the right PAR Criteria for
their organization (PAR or PAR Certification Criteria).
- PAR – Progressive Aboriginal Relations
- PAR Agreement – Signed agreement between an applicant and CCAB covering conditions of involvement
in the PAR program.
- PAR Assessment Scoring Process – The method used/recommended for scoring a submission.
- PAR Certification Criteria – A criteria designed for organizations at the Third Phase PAR Committed
Criteria implementation level or above, to help grow and sustain their focus on positive Indigenous relations
(with three levels of certification: Bronze, Silver and Gold).
- PAR Certification Criteria Documentation & Targets Checklist – Used as a checklist by an applicant
to ensure required documentation and targets are provided with their submission.
- PAR Certification Criteria Results & Trend Data Chart – Used by an applicant to ensure required documentation
results and trend data are included in their submission. Also used by a PAR Verifier as part of
- PAR Committed Criteria – A progressive (three-phase) Criteria, developed from questions selected from
the full PAR Certification Criteria, to assist a company just starting out in PAR.
- PAR Committed Criteria Documentation & Targets Checklist – Used as a checklist by an applicant to
ensure required documentation and targets are provided with their submission (each of the three phases
of the PAR Committed Criteria).
- PAR Drivers – The four key foundational elements that permeate PAR Criteria (Leadership Actions,
Indigenous Employment, Indigenous Business Development, and Indigenous Community Relationships).
- PAR Journey – Refers to a company moving through levels of PAR recognition/certification.
- PAR Verifier – A qualified individual who completes a verification exercise of a submission and submits a
high-level report for CCAB and the PAR Jury, for their deliberations on recognition/certification.
- PAR Working Group – Internal cross-functional group/committee (people involved in Indigenous employment,
business development, and community relationship matters), to give support to the PAR process
and focus on planning and implementation of the company’s Indigenous relations strategy.
- Self-Assessment – Completing an internal assessment of current state against PAR Criteria, with input
from across the company (focus groups), and from the Indigenous community.
- Site Visit Exercise – One-day site visits are made to PAR Certification Criteria applicants (only), with the
aim of verifying selected points from the submission noted by the PAR Verifier during the submission review.