Program Coordinator, PAR – Progressive Aboriginal Relations™
CCAB is a national non-profit charitable organization founded in 1984, which is committed to the full-time participation of Indigenous peoples in the Canadian economy. CCAB offers knowledge resources and programs to both corporate Canada and the Indigenous owned member companies to help foster relationships and economic opportunities in Canada.
CCAB is the national voice for Indigenous economic development in Canada and by supporting Indigenous employment, this furthers our voice on the national scale. Without knowledgeable staff supporting us, our organization would not exist.
This position provides a key steppingstone for Indigenous employees, who will improve their professional, organizational, and communication skills, while gaining exposure to the wider Indigenous business community.
The primary role of the Program Coordinator will be to support the Program Director of PAR and is very administrative heavy. The individual in this role will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day administrative aspects of the PAR program. CCAB is looking for a Coordinator to help assist with the growth of our PAR Program, through performing duties that pertain to the initiative and serving as a contact for PAR.
Administrative: Intake Process
- Process all new applications for all CCAB programming
- Schedule all training sessions for the Director to train companies coming aboard the PAR Program
- Support in preparing reporting documents for quarterly reporting, and committee meetings
- Monitor all file systems, and databases related to all areas of programming
- Prepare letters, documents or data reports relevant to all areas of programming
- Schedule training and travel for companies requesting in-person training session
- Coordinate in person meetings and events (PAR related) as needed
- Send all PAR companies welcome letter, logo toolkit, logos, and online tool password upon confirmation of participation
- Field all calls for PAR related questions for overview of PAR program
Administrative: Monitor & Track
- Update all records in the MPOWER CRM and monitor tracking for reporting in collaboration with other departments
- Create and track invitation lists and attendance at all PAR events
- Request BIO and photos of speakers and draft event postings
- Complete PAR research (new)
Marketing & Event Planning:
- Schedule and post all marketing for all areas of programming and events quarterly
- Provide messaging for outreach efforts in PAR
- Provide administrative support for planning nationwide events for CCAB with all departments
Skills & Work Experience:
- Post-secondary diploma in business, or 2 years relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Analytical, operational and computer skills
- Highly motivated team player with positive interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint
- Previous knowledge or experience with content management systems and sales management systems
- Minimum two years administrative experience
This is a remote, full-time position. Location can be anywhere in Canada, with hours from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Those qualified are asked to submit a cover letter with a resume, outlining experience and suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We require applications from qualified First Nations, Inuit and Métis people at this time.
Information regarding CCAB is available at www.ccab.com
We would like to thank all applicants who applied for this opportunity; however, you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. CCAB is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment selection process. If you are invited to attend an interview and require an accommodation, please advise us in advance of our meeting. Please no telephone calls.