Procurement Coordinator – One year contract
Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB) is a national Indigenous, non-partisan association. Our mission is to promote, strengthen and enhance a prosperous Indigenous economy through the fostering of business relationships, opportunities, and awareness.
CCAB is looking for a Procurement Coordinator to grow Supply Change™ through performing duties that pertain to the initiative and serving as the key contact for Supply Change™ Aboriginal Procurement Marketplace.
- Provide administrative support to the Director as needed
- Assisting with member profile development and ongoing use of programs
- Support Certified Aboriginal Businesses (CAB) enrolment into the Marketplace by: Invite suppliers by calling, emails, and completing with follow ups. Provide Orientation sessions to the CAB’s. Keep existing profiles up to date with relevant information as required.
- Assist with Marketplace newsfeed to help our members businesses grow.
- Collaborate with Marketing/Communications when RFIs are posted to publish to CCAB social media.
- Participate at relevant Indigenous events in order to liaise with CCAB members to utilize the marketplace to its full capacity
- Support engagement sessions with current marketplace members to understand barriers, challenges, and frustrations.
- Attract new members at events, engage and retain existing members.
- Research CAB companies and initiate conversations between them
- Provide excellent customer service for CCAB Members
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills & Work Experience
- Previous work experience in administration
- Willing to travel to CCAB events to meet and engage with clients.
- Research and data collection skills
- Experience collaborating with Indigenous communities.
- Phone and public forum experience i.e., trade show booths
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite software including, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
- This position has a starting salary of $44,000 annually.
This is a 1-year contract, Full-time position with hours from 9am – 5pm, Monday through Friday. Hybrid position within Toronto & the surrounding area.
Those qualified are asked to submit a cover letter with a resume, outlining experience and suitability for the position to email@example.com.
We require applications from qualified First Nations, Inuit and Métis people at this time.
Information regarding CCAB is available at www.ccab.com
Please note: You must be registered, or be eligible to register with, Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training in order to be considered for this opportunity. Potential candidates must also reside in the GTA.
We thank all applicants in advance however only those invited to be interviewed will be contacted. Please no telephone calls.