PAR certification is a competitive advantage in establishing your reputation in CSR. PAR certified companies are leading corporate citizens that have proven the business case for sustainable Indigenous relations. PAR certification differentiates an organization from its competitors. PAR companies can raise their profile, and promote their Indigenous relations success with the use of the PAR logo through mediums such as:
- Company letterhead, envelopes, faxes and other stationary
- Company promotional materials, including recruitment, and marketing materials
- Company website and providing links to CCAB’s PAR webpage
- Annual, CSR and sustainable report
- Business cards
- Advertisement such as print, online, radio, or television
- Email signature
- Promotional items distributed at Indigenous tradeshows
PAR companies with effective Indigenous relations, that practice continual improvement and have good community feedback processes in place, are in good position to receive greater certainty for their operations. PAR companies benefit in the following ways:
Leadership and employees of PAR companies develop an increased understanding of Indigenous culture, tradition and values.
PAR certified companies provide a public demonstration of their commitment to Progressive Aboriginal Relations. More specifically, the companies are:
- Good business partners
- Great places to work
- Committed to prosperity in Indigenous communities
Strategic Planning, Employment and Procurement Opportunities
PAR is a management tool that includes a strategic framework involving vision, principles, policy, strategies, goals, targets, and action plans.
- Targets and action plans are tracked, monitored and measured to assess levels of achievement
- PAR companies can have access to a local fast growing and comparatively young Indigenous labor market.
- PAR companies are externally verified through interviews with Indigenous stakeholders to obtain an outside perspective within the four PAR drivers:
- Leadership Actions
- Business Development
- Community Relationships
Detailed feedback from the online submission review, company on-site and community stakeholder interviews by the PAR verifier.
A PAR jury of Indigenous business leaders conduct a review, assessment, and designate standing to each company of the appropriate certification at the bronze, silver, or gold levels.