Manager – Supply Change™
CCAB is a national nonprofit charitable organization founded in 1984, which is committed to the full-time participation of Indigenous peoples in the Canadian economy. CCAB offers knowledge resources and programs to both corporate Canada and Indigenous owned member companies to help foster relationships and economic opportunity in Canada.
Supply Change™, CCAB’s Indigenous procurement strategy, aims to create an unprecedented, national approach to Indigenous procurement by developing the largest membership of Canadian entities committed to increasing Indigenous participation in Canada’s supply chains.
Supply Change™ aims to develop both the largest membership in Canada of corporations committed to Indigenous procurement and the largest online directory of Certified Aboriginal Businesses, as well as:
- Increase private sector and all levels of Government engagement in Indigenous procurement among senior leaders and procurement officers.
- Increase indigenous participation in the supply chains of Canadian corporations and governments.
- Enhance the capacity and profitability of Indigenous businesses.
- Create a forum for sharing Indigenous procurement best practices; and
- Eliminate barriers Indigenous businesses face when engaging in corporate and government supply chains.
CCAB is looking for an experienced Manager to grow Supply Change™ through performing duties that pertain to the program.
Provides senior administrative support to the Vice President, Entrepreneurship and Procurement, generating prospective leads, developing, and maintaining Supply Change™ program.
- Leading and recommending changes required to ensure full Indigenous participation in procurement opportunities in all sectors of Canada’s economy
- Working with procurement teams to advise on ways to remove current barriers experienced by Indigenous businesses within the procurement process
- Proposal and grant writing to increase Indigenous Procurement
- Participate at relevant Indigenous events to liaise with CCAB members to promote Supply Change™
- Communicate with Tealbook on a regular basis and drive change management within the program
- Support engagement session with current marketplace members to understand barriers, challenges and frustrations
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining Aboriginal Procurement Champions’ participation and engagement statistics by creating reports and spreadsheets that clearly illustrate involvement in the Aboriginal Procurement Marketplace
- Attract new members at events and engage and retain existing members
- Research CAB companies and initiate conversations between them
- Provide excellent customer service for CCAB Members
- Perform other related duties of a comparable level/type as assigned
Skills & Work Experience:
- Previous experience in public and private procurement policies and procedures
- 3 years sales experience, working with CEOs/Senior executives
- Must have experience working within the Indigenous economy
- Completed studies in business, communications, marketing and/or related fields
- Proposal experience, along with creating reports
- Willingness to travel to CCAB events to meet and engage with clients
- Experience in Communications and Public Relations
- Research and data collection skills
- Experience with clients and their organizations and/or community outreach preferred
- Phone and public forum experience i.e. trade show booths
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of French would be considered an asset
This is a Full Time position with hours from 9am – 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
How to Apply:
Those qualified are asked to submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com via email, with the job title in the subject line. No phone calls or agencies. The position is open until filled.
Those with Indigenous descent are encouraged to apply. Information regarding CCAB is available at www.ccab.com
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those invited to be interviewed will be contacted. Please no telephone calls.