Thomas Kanata Inc. is a stand-alone company within the Thomas Group of companies and owned and operated by members of the Frog Lake First Nation, which is part of The Confederacy of Treaty Six First Nations and situated in the local Cold Lake area. Our core direct hire services are Mechanical Insulation, Insulation soft covers, Scaffolding, Electrical & Instrumentation and Glycol / Steam Heat Tracing systems.
We are a sophisticated multidisciplined contractor without trade affiliations and specialize in industrial construction and facility maintenance to the oil & gas, petrochemical, mining, power, LNG, and pulp & paper industries in Western Canada.
Our offices are situated in Calgary, St. Albert, Redwood Meadows, Frog Lake First Nation, Grande Prairie, Cold Lake, Rocky Mountain House in Alberta, and other offices are in Langley, and Terrace, British Columbia, Regina and George Gordon First Nation in Saskatchewan.
Along with our direct hire activities, Thomas Kanata also has a group of pre-vetted strategic Indigenous contracting partners for other disciplines, if required, such as mechanical, civil, coatings etc. We offer a complete turnkey service group for any industrial construction, commissioning, and maintenance activities regardless of location or size.
The partnership between Thomas Kanata and Thomas Group creates a unique company that is Indigenous owned, operated, and staffed, and certified by the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business. This partnership combines the high standards for safety, professionalism, and proven track record of Thomas Group with the Indigenous resources of Thomas Kanata to create a company that is unparalleled in the construction industry.
Thomas Kanata Inc. has the financial resources and infrastructure, including a database of thousands of skilled workers which are necessary to perform any size contract in a safe and timely manner. We understand the changing demands of the industrial sector and utilize leading edge technology and equipment to conform to any project requirement. Some of the benefits of using Thomas Kanata Inc. for your contracting Solutions are.
- Direct hire subcontracting services for mechanical insulation, scaffolding, electrical and Instrumentation.
- Can perform turnkey construction and maintenance contracts utilizing direct hire, prequalified, and properly vetted Indigenous owned subcontractors for other disciplines.
- A professional contractor with proven performance, experienced management with an outstanding safety record.
- A single point of contact for all your contracting requirements.
- Prequalified with every owner and major EPCM companies.
- Are ISNetworld, Comply works, Avetta and Can Qual certified.
- Proficient in using Owner ERP systems such as Ariba, Cortex, and ADP.
- Can take on any size contract in any commercial format.
- Connected to many different Indigenous groups in Western Canada.
- Training, education, and employment opportunities for Indigenous Peoples of all areas.