Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB) is a national Indigenous, non-partisan association. Our mission is to promote, strengthen and enhance a prosperous Indigenous economy through the fostering of business relationships, opportunities, and awareness.
The Information Design/UX Support Associate will provide direction for and execution of initiatives that will leverage CCAB’s efforts to help CCAB members and the public easily access and leverage CCAB programs, resources and information available through the website. This position will involve working closely with several internal teams across varied departments and may also involve liaising with external contractors and vendors.
- Design and develop new materials in for CCAB’s website and make regular updates to existing pages.
- Create visually appealing and cohesive information that aligns with the organization’s branding.
- Optimize the user experience (UX) to make navigation easy and intuitive.
- Ensure all website content is accurate and up to date.
- Organize website content in a logical and hierarchical manner, with clear navigation menus and sitemaps.
- Mobile-optimize CCAB’s website to enhance the site’s UX for all visitors.
- Collaborate with other team members, including designers, content creators, and marketing staff, to align the website with organizational goals.
- Integrate features such as contact forms, donation processing, event registration, and newsletter sign-up forms.
- Implement regular backups and disaster recovery plans to safeguard website data.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Optimize website content and structure for search engines to improve visibility using SEO best practices.
- Perform keyword research for CCAB’s brand and sub-brands to enhance the SEO performance of the site’s written content.
- Work within CCAB’s website and the Google Ads infrastructure to place conversion tags on landing pages.
- Analyze website data through Google Analytics to track user behavior and site performance.
Formal Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma related to communications, information design and/or digital marketing.
- Online certifications are an asset.
- Must be well-organized with strong attention to detail and follow-up skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, meet deadlines, work independently, and follow through to resolve communication issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with outside vendors and partners.
- Excellent judgment and discretion in handling sensitive data and confidential information.
- Computer literacy, including proficiency with Google Analytics, Google Ads, WordPress, and related plugins.
Considered an Asset:
- Familiarity with Indigenous business and relations
- Demonstrated experience working in inclusive environments
- Working in a member-based organization
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Understanding of SEO optimization
This is a 2-year contract, full-time position with hours from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Those qualified are asked to submit a cover letter with a resume, outlining experience and suitability for the position to email@example.com. We encourage applications from qualified First Nations, Inuit, and Métis people.
Information regarding CCAB is available at www.ccab.com We thank all applicants in advance, however only those invited to be interviewed will be contacted. Please no telephone calls.