Progressive Aboriginal Relations (PAR) Program Coordinator (Trainee)
Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB)
1 Year Contract
CCAB invites applications for the full-time, one-year contract, PAR Program Coordinator. If you are hardworking, creative and a career-oriented individual that is committed to working for the benefit of the Indigenous community – we want to hear from you.
CCAB is a national nonprofit charitable organization founded in 1984, which is committed to the full-time participation of Aboriginal peoples in the Canadian economy. CCAB offers knowledge resources and programs to its members to help foster relationships and economic opportunities in Canada.
Reporting to the Director, PAR Program you will have administrative experience in the areas outreach, intake, programming, and marketing. The right candidate will provide administrative support in the areas of database management, event planning, and the management of web-based applications, and systems.
Administrative: Intake Process
- Process all new applications for all CCAB programming
- Schedule all training sessions for the Director to train companies coming aboard the PAR program
- Support Manager in preparing reporting documents for quarterly reporting, and committee meetings
- Monitor all file systems and databases related to all areas of programming
- Prepare letters, documents or data reports relevant to all areas of programming
- Schedule training and travel for companies requesting in-person training sessions
- Coordinate in-person meetings and events (PAR-related) as needed
- Send all PAR companies a welcome letter, logo toolkit, logos, and online tool password upon confirmation of participation
- Field all calls for PAR-related questions for overview of PAR program
- Support Manager in day to day administrative functions as required
Administrative: Monitor & Track
- Update all records in the MPOWER CRM and monitor tracking for reporting in collaboration with other departments
- Create and track invitation lists and attendance at all PAR events
- Request BIO and photos of speakers and draft event postings
- Complete PAR research (new)
Marketing & Event Planning
- Schedule and post all marketing for all areas of programming and events quarterly
- Provide messaging for outreach efforts in PAR
- Provide administrative support for planning nationwide events for CCAB with all departments
- Post-secondary diploma in business or 2 years relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Analytical, operational, and computer skills
- Highly motivated team player with positive interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Previous knowledge or experience with content management systems and sales management systems
- Minimum two years of administrative experience
- Experience working with Indigenous communities is an asset.
We encourage applications from qualified First Nations, Inuit and Métis people and all others interested in the position.
How to Apply
This is a one-year contract – full time training position. Those who apply are asked to submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants in advance however only those invited to be interviewed will be contacted. Please no telephone calls. This opportunity will be posted until the position is filled.
Information regarding CCAB is available at www.ccab.com.