Vice President, Finance & Operations
The Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB) is a national Indigenous, non-partisan association. Our mission is to promote, strengthen and enhance a prosperous Indigenous economy through the fostering of business relationships, opportunities, and awareness.
The Vice President, Finance & Operations is responsible for day-to-day operations to support the growth of CCAB and manage the bottom line. This role will focus on setting appropriate goals to support our strategic plan, ensuring goals are met through monitoring and evaluating results. In addition, promoting a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning, inclusivity and quality.
The Vice President, Finance & Operations key responsibilities: (including but not limited to):
- Report to the President & CEO on financial plan, budget, cash flow, midyear forecasting and department priorities.
- Responsible for reporting quarterly financial statements to the Finance & Audit committee
- Oversee improvements with respect to internal financial policy, internal controls, accounting standards and procedures.
- Responsible for CCAB’s annual budget planning and execution process, including reporting to the Board’s Finance committee
- Works closely with Finance Director to ensure accuracy of all documentation for annual financial reports, monthly cash flow, and quarterly Board submissions of financial reports.
- Assist with the incorporation of the annual budget and quarterly budget reporting process
- Meets quarterly with each team leader to ensure cash flow statements are accurate and on budget.
- Represents CCAB externally, as needed.
- Oversees annual audit
- Contributes to the development of an overall corporate strategy.
- Communicates the organizational operational plan and vision for CCAB across the departments and progress of plan to CEO.
- Oversees management of operational change initiatives for the organization with comprehensive planning and smooth execution.
- Work with senior leaders to ensure investment in CCAB’s projects are planned and remain in scope
- Develops and takes ownership of all operational processes including the creation and maintenance of all systems with input from the Senior Team.
- Oversee the re-engineering and maintenance of CCAB’s operational processes with an aim towards achieving ultimate efficiency and effectiveness.
- Oversees the development, review, and testing of CCAB’s Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans.
- Working with the team, develops and implements proper management controls to ensure sound business and risk management practices are in place.
- Ensures that all activities are in compliance with company policies, procedures and processes, and that regulatory requirements are adhered too.
- Ensure that appropriate controls are in place to ensure that the department is compliant with all applicable regulations and company policies related to the protection and security of information.
- Strengthen the organization’s capacity and motivation through ongoing coaching, continuous improvement projects, team building activities and sound management practices.
- Works with team leads to evaluate new and emerging technology products and services, identifying opportunities for increased efficiency of CCAB’s operations.
- Oversees all requirements with respect to facilities including lease renewal.
- Works closely with Human Resources to ensure compliance and buy in for all HR programs
- Reviews and approves the Human Resources budget and spend
- Supports company culture, diversity & inclusion, and training initiatives supporting employee growth
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required (or higher).
- A minimum of 10 years professional experience, with a proven track record, working in a business and operational leadership role.
- 5+ years of experience working with Indigenous communities, businesses is preferred
- Previous finance background is a necessity for this role
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Superior operational activities and practical knowledge.
- Ability to work both strategically, tactically, and independently.
- Strong leadership skills with a professional presence and demeanor to champion the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience with financial oversight
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong relationship management skills with ability to partner with external and internal members.
- Previous people management required
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability.
- Organized, strong record retention and time management skills.
- Excellent independent decision making and creative problem solving skills.
- Consistent record of meeting operational commitments.
- High degree of integrity, energy, and initiative.
How to apply:
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com via email, with Vice President, Finance & Operations in the subject line. No phone calls or agencies.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. CCAB is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are invited to attend an interview and require an accommodation, please advise us in advance of our meeting.
We encourage applications from First Nations, Métis, and Inuit candidates.
For more information about Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business, visit: www.ccab.com