- CCAB is a member of the Business Resilience Network, working to provide information to business to help them get through COVID-19.
Federal Funding & Resources for Businesses and Employees:
- 75% wage subsidy for businesses.
- Canada Emergency Business Account: you could receive a $40,000 loan for your small business or not-for-profit.
- $10 billion is available to Canadian businesses in financing and credit insurance solutions through
- Work Sharing Program: helping employers and employees avoid layoffs.
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan will provide $27 billion in direct support to Canadian workers and businesses.
- The Department of Finance has announced a number of measures for individuals and businesses, including allowing businesses to defer, until after August 31, 2020, the payment of any income tax amounts.
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit
- Business continuity plan and templates for entrepreneurs (BDC)
Provincial and Territorial Funding & Resources:
Calls for Business to Help:
- Buy and Sell: The federal government has issued a call-out for suppliers.
- Canada’s Call to action: Canadian manufacturers needed.
- NGen is looking for companies that can help meet critical shortages in the fight against COVID-19.
Public Health Information:
- The Government of Canada’s latest COVID-19 health and safety updates.
Travel Advice and Advisories:
- Canada’s Official Global Travel Advisory.
We are calling on Aboriginal business owners to complete a second survey to help us understand and respond to the rapidly evolving circumstances in light of COVID-19.
News and Announcements
RE: Acute Impact of COVID-19 on Indigenous Economy: A Letter
March 20, 2020
A message from the CCAB team
March 18, 2020