Manager, Information Technology & Operations
Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB) is a national Indigenous, non-partisan association. Our mission is to promote, strengthen and enhance a prosperous Indigenous economy through the fostering of business relationships, opportunities, and awareness.
CCAB seeks a full-time, highly skilled Information Technology & Operations Manager to join our team. The IT & Operations Manager is responsible for planning, implementing, overseeing, and administering all CCAB’s systems, including end users, networks, servers and projects as assigned. The ideal applicant will serve as a technical expert in systems administration. This role ensures that appropriate security systems are in place and assists in developing risk assessments, business continuity, and disaster recovery plans. The manager serves as a third-level support to our team, analyzing and resolving problems promptly and accurately.
This is a full-time, remote position and the location is anywhere in Canada, with hours from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Proactively uphold and develop IT Infrastructure to maintain a 24x7x365 uptime service.
- Engineering of systems administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Support remote users across Canada.
- Maintain best practices for managing systems and services across IT environments.
- Fault finding, analysis, and logging information for reporting of performance exceptions.
- Proactively monitor system performance and capacity planning and respond to security incidents.
- Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, and hotfixes on servers, workstations, and network hardware.
- Create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks.
- Provide input on improving the environment’s stability, security, efficiency, and scalability.
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes.
- Build in-house IT training programs to enhance and grow our employees’ abilities to manage issues independently.
- Five years of working experience as a System Administrator in a Windows environment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, or similar relevant degree
- In-depth knowledge of Windows Server 2012-2022
- Experience with Azure, O365, and other cloud environments
- Familiarity with VMWare, Hyper-V, and SAN management and concepts
- Expert in PowerShell, Active Directory, Domain Administration
- Solid knowledge of network protocols such as DHCP, DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP and SNMP
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
How to apply:
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org via email with the title Manager, Information Technology & Operations in the subject line. No phone calls or agencies.
Position Type: This is a full-time, remote position and the location is anywhere in Canada, with hours from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
We thank all applicants who applied for this opportunity; however, you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. CCAB is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment selection process. If you are invited to an interview and require accommodation, please advise us before our meeting.
We encourage applications from First Nations, Métis, and Inuit candidates and all other qualified candidates.
For more information about Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business, visit www.ccab.com