CCAB is a national nonprofit charitable organization founded in 1984, which is committed to the full-time participation of Indigenous peoples in the Canadian economy. CCAB offers knowledge resources and programs to both corporate Canada and the Aboriginal owned member companies to help foster relationships and economic opportunity in Canada.
CCAB invites applications for this full time, four-month contract position with the opportunity of an extension. If you love a busy, creative environment and are a career-oriented individual that is committed to working for the benefit of the Indigenous community – we want to hear from you.
Reporting to the Human Resources Director, the Receptionist will be responsible for the administration of the office while supporting a team of diverse people and programs in a fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handling the mail, fax, couriers, photocopying, telephone, and email; directing inquiries to the appropriate staff member.
- Opening, date stamping and tracking all general correspondence received.
- Receiving, responding, directing, and relaying all email messages from our general info site.
- Responsible for petty cash for office expenses
- Maintaining an adequate inventory of office supplies and order accordingly.
- Providing administrative support as needed.
- Greeting and assisting any visitors to the office after we allow visitors back into our space.
- Ensuring the maintenance of common spaces to ensure that the office runs smoothly.
- Helping to coordinate small office events.
- Assisting with the monthly Health and Safety checks in the office.
- Assisting with other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree or relevant work experience.
- Minimum 1-2 years of job-related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office and excellent computer skills.
- Previous knowledge or experience with content management systems would be preferred.
- Effective interpersonal skills, a collaborative working style with the ability to work independently.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Good judgement, discretion, tact, and the ability to work easily with senior leaders within the charitable, government or business sectors.
- Established connections within the Aboriginal business community and non-profit is an asset.
How to apply:
This position is open to Indigenous candidates (First Nations, Inuit, or Métis) who resides within the Greater Toronto Area. The successful candidate must be registered or be eligible to register with Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training.
This is a full-time 4-month contract position commencing immediately with hours from 9am – 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org via email, with Receptionist in the subject line. No phone calls or agencies.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. CCAB is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are invited to attend an interview and require an accommodation, please advise us in advance of our meeting.
For more information about Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business, visit: www.ccab.com