Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB) is a national Indigenous, non-partisan association. Our mission is to promote, strengthen and enhance a prosperous Indigenous economy through the fostering of business relationships, opportunities, and awareness.
The Business Development Assistant is responsible in supporting the Director of Business Development and Strategic Initiatives with proposal writing, partnership agreements and contracts. The role supports in the development of partnerships, sales, creation of prospect lists and administrative work.
This is a six-month contract, three days a week, working from home.
- Contributes to Report/Proposal Writing and Sponsorship/Prospect lists
- Contacts potential Members through email/meetings as assigned
- Presents strategies CCAB to potential Member prospects
- Identify Member needs and suggest appropriate products/services through CCAB Membership benefits
- Build long-term trusting relationships with new and existing CCAB Members
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the marketplace
- Set up meetings or calls between potential Members as assigned
- Report to the Business Development Director during weekly meetings
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Minimum 2 years writing grant proposals or large documents
- Business background is preferred
- Administrative background on systems for meetings set up and support
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in office administration, business, communications or related fields preferred
- Two (2) years’ administrative experience preferred
- Highly motivated team player with positive interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Microsoft WordPress and CRM Database system (i.e., MPower Technologies) will be considered an asset
- Previous knowledge or experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and sales database systems
- Good judgement, discretion, tact, and the ability to work easily with senior leaders within the charitable, government or business sectors
How to apply:
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with Business Development Assistant in the subject line. No phone calls or agencies.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. CCAB is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are invited to attend an interview and require an accommodation, please advise us in advance of our meeting.
We encourage applications from First Nations, Métis and Inuit candidates and all other qualified candidates.