Human Resources, Senior Associate
Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB) is a national Indigenous, non-partisan association. Our mission is to promote, strengthen and enhance a prosperous Indigenous economy through the fostering of business relationships, opportunities, and awareness.
The primary focus for the Senior Associate, Human Resources will be to support the Human Resources Director and CCAB’s employees. The individual in this role will be responsible for sharing the day-to-day administrative aspects within the team and hold responsibility for several HR programs. CCAB is looking for an individual who is enthusiastic about supporting recruitment, career growth, employee engagement, and employee health & wellness.
The Senior Associate will be responsible for:
- Full cycle – recruitment process from job assessment, posting to hiring.
- Booking training & development sessions based on subject, content research and trainer selection.
- Collaborating with the Director to create our annual HR budget and balance scorecard achievements.
- Assisting our CCAB team members for the best outcome when providing human resources support to them
- Responsible for the Accounts Payable (AP) for all invoices within the HR Budget
- Perform other related duties of a comparable level/type as assigned.
- Previous experience (5 years) in human resources is required.
- Completion or in progress of Human Resources certificate is essential.
- Ability to show empathy and passion in different situations.
- Effective communication skills (written and oral) are a necessity.
- Strong computer skills are required; demonstrated knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, HRIS
- Good judgement, confidentiality, tact, and the ability to collaborate easily with different employees’ needs professionally is necessary.
Considered an Asset
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse cultures.
- Established connections within the Aboriginal business community and non-profit are an asset.
- Bilingual English and French
How to apply:
This position is open to Indigenous candidates (First Nations, Inuit, or Métis) who reside in Canada.
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by email, with Senior Associate, Human Resources in the subject line. No phone calls or agencies.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. CCAB is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation when asked for an interview, please advise us in advance of our meeting.
For more information about Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business, please visit: www.ccab.com