SLR Consulting (Canada) Ltd. (SLR) is an environmental and socioeconomic firm committed to supporting and enhancing the communities in which we live and the business and professional communities in which we work. In Canada, fulfilling these commitments means fostering respectful and meaningful business-oriented relationships with Canada’s Indigenous Peoples, communities, and organizations. SLR has developed an Indigenous Relationships Policy for our Canadian operations that endeavors SLR to:
- build a mutual understanding with our staff of Indigenous perspectives on matters related to SLR’s business and those of our clients.
- partner with Indigenous-owned businesses and organizations (e.g., business organizations, educational institutions, charitable organizations) in the provision of consulting services to our clients, and contribute to skills training and capacity building opportunities where there is a mutual benefit to do so.
- consider the selection of Indigenous suppliers of goods where there is added value to SLR or our clients.
- support the efforts of all SLR clients, as well as related business and professional organizations, in fostering respectful and meaningful business-oriented relationships with Canada’s Indigenous Peoples.
- always adopt and promote a high standard of ethical behaviour, in line with our Global Business Conduct Policy.
The implementation of SLR’s Indigenous Relationships Policy is directed by our Human Environment Lead, Dr. Paul Mitchell-Banks and SLR’s Chief Operating Officer, Mr. Craig Johnston.