The Ontario First Nation Economic Developers Association (OFNEDA) was formed in 2009 by the more than 100 First Nation Economic Development Officers to:
• Unite EDOs and promote the status and character of FN EDOs, supporting ethical business practices and BEST practices in economic development.
• Promote the maintenance and improvement of the qualification and standards of FN EDOs in the Province of Ontario
• Work with government agencies to develop assurance procedures for EDOs and have government agencies endorse them.
• Share information for the mutual benefit of the members.
• Represent the members and their views to other associations and government agencies.
The organization supports its members through:
• Training including workshops and certification with CANDO.
• Networking opportunities via virtual sessions and annual conferences.
• Mentor support with seasoned EDO professionals and CESO.
• Funding sourcing and application aid.
• Government liaison.