Maawandoon is a traditional Ojibway term meaning ‘bringing us together’. Now, more than ever, the success of resource projects depends on the quality of Indigenous community engagement by business.
Maawandoon is a leading national firm in Indigenous community engagement. Our team’s expertise is grounded in our unique experiences with community-based development and capacity building. We guide projects to completion by drawing on our deep understanding of local governance, community protocols, regulatory frameworks, and legislation affecting Indigenous communities.
Maawandoon has a wide range of experiences with different projects in various Extractive Resources sectors. We persistently work towards continuous improvement to identify our clients specific requirements and cater to addressing them in the most effective and efficient manner. These experiences include:
- Stakeholder Mapping & Analysis
- Issues Identification & Materiality Assessment
- Strategy Design & Development
- Communication & Planning
- Traditional Knowledge Studies
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Community Protocol Development
- Capacity Building & Support
- Community Investments
- Monitoring, Tracking & Reporting
- Decision Support Tools
- Follow-up & Commitments
- Post-Engagement Recommendation