Ksááhko Environmental Ltd. (Ksááhko), a Treaty 7 Partnership, has extensive experience in delivering professional environmental services to over 40 Indigenous communities, predominantly in Alberta, Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories (primarily in the Deh Cho, Sahtu and Gwich’in Regions).
Our Commitment to Indigenous communities runs deep. We strive to conduct our business in a way that is compatible with fostering long-term relationships between our company and those with whom we interact. Valued are the strong ties we have developed with our Indigenous partners through engaging public participation, hiring policies through which we enlist the assistance and employment of local residents, development of education and mentoring programs, and the provision of technical training through ECO Canada Certified BEAHR Trainer (Ailsa Le May, MBA, P.Geo.).
Ksááhko’s qualified professionals have backgrounds in geology, geophysics, geography, biology, agrology,ecology, wildlife, fisheries, forestry, hydrogeology, environmental technology, archaeology, and risk assessment.
Environmental activities and programs with our Indigenous partners include:
- Contaminated Site Assessments (Phase I, II, & III)
- Pre-disturbance Assessments
- Compliance Monitoring
- Water Well Testing
- Environmental Auditing of Wellsite’s, Pipelines and Facilities according to Indian Oil and Gas Canada (IOGC) Guidelines.
- Environmental Assessment of Planned Activities on Indigenous Lands including field inspection, soil and vegetation surveys, public and regulatory consultation, and application.
- Environmental Monitoring and Training Course Development
- Species at Risk
- Ecological Assessments