- is a 100% Indigenous owned, registered, sole proprietorship founded by Veronica Johnny – Cree-Dene woman / artist-entrepreneur;
- focuses on lifting female Indigenous voices and stories through music, film, workshops and retreats;
- infuses Indigenous teachings and self-help techniques into arts education workshops, music performances, inspirational speeches, and land based retreats, for a diverse community;
- strives to educate and entertain through all visual storytelling mediums; and
- centers Indigenous musicians’, artists’, elders’ and knowledge keepers’ voices.
IndigenEd’s mission statement is to create understanding between Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples; and to celebrate and inspire through art to create a shared experience for awakening our common humanity. IndigenEd TM strives to partner with organizations to offer workshops at no cost to participants.
There is a momentum of Indigenous resurgence in mainstream and an openness to learn. Following the Truth & Reconciliation Commission report, there is a need to educate the general populations and institutional bodies about Indigenous cultures.
- will bridge the gap between indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples;
- is working for intercultural exchange using art as a reconciliation tool; and
- will contribute to decolonizing worldviews by bringing Indigenous understanding of the land, culture and teachings.