Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB) is a national Indigenous, non-partisan association. Our mission is to promote, strengthen and enhance a prosperous Indigenous economy through the fostering of business relationships, opportunities, and awareness.
The primary role of the Membership Assistant will support the Director of Membership and department. The individual in this role will be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day administrative aspects of the Membership program. CCAB is looking for an Assistant to help support with Membership engagement and retention, through performing job duties as outlined below.
This is a 1-year contract, full-time position with hours from 9am – 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Providing administrative support for the Membership department with focus in the areas of database management, prospect research and customer service
- Data entry in CRM membership management database (MPower), or experience working in other CRM database systems
- Organize and maintain the membership filing system
- Updating Membership Profiles using Microsoft WordPress
- Develop and organize member prospect spreadsheets complete with key contacts and background information
- Identify and invite members to CCAB member events, providing support as needed
- Assist with member events including registration set-up and support for CCAB member events
- Assist Director of Membership in coordination of all Membership Committee meetings
- Provide excellent customer service for CCAB Members
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable (AR) collection of past due membership fees and other CCAB outstanding /past due AR
- Perform other related duties of a comparable level/type as assigned
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in office administration, business, communications or related fields preferred
- Two (2) years’ experience of administrative experience; preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Analytical, operational and computer skills
- Highly motivated team player with positive interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Microsoft WordPress and CRM Database system (i.e., MPower Technologies) will be considered an asset
- Previous knowledge or experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and sales database systems
- Good judgement, discretion, tact and the ability to work easily with senior leaders within the charitable, government or business sectors
- Research and data collection skills
Considered an Asset
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse cultures
- Established connections within the Aboriginal business community and non-profit is an asset
- Bilingual English and French
How to apply:
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on March 15th, 2021 via email, with Membership Assistant in the subject line. No phone calls or agencies.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. CCAB is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are invited to attend an interview and require an accommodation, please advise us in advance of our meeting.
This position is open to Indigenous candidates (First Nations, Inuit, or Métis) who reside within the Greater Toronto Area. The successful candidate must be registered or be eligible to register with Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training.