The Esquimalt Nation, Songhees Nation and the Ralmax Group of Companies have a common vision, which provided the opportunity to create a partnership in Salish Sea Industrial Services Ltd in May 2012. Each brings unique strengths and experience to the company and all actively participates in the company’s management, operations and community relations. The business also serves as an integral part of the Salish Sea First Nations Employment Program providing applied-learning, mentoring, and apprenticeship opportunities for those in training.
Salish Sea is a proud Registered Aboriginal Business and a private tax paying corporation currently working through two operating divisions: Marine Services Division and First Nations Employment Program.
Salish Sea Marine Services
Marine Services provides marine related construction, maintenance and support services. Salish Sea is able to serve all of British Columbia and is uniquely positioned to service remote areas with our own equipment. Salish Sea is interested and prepared for opportunities within our core service areas. Those include:
- General and Specialty Project Management
- Environmental and First Nations respect and considerations
- Deep foundation supply and installation
- Pile driving and drilling
- Specialty excavation and materials disposal
- Crane and equipment rentals
- Structure relocation and modification
- COR eligible safety programs
- Pipe, timber and sheet pile driving
- Wharf, dock and Cofferdam, supply and installation
- Marine Terminal inspection, construction and maintenance
- Dredging and disposal of contaminated materials
Deconstruction and Demolition
- Land and Marine based structure demolition
- Hazardous materials management and disposal
- Materials recycling, repurposing and sales
- Marine accessible and remote location services
- David Street Barge Ramp, Victoria Upper Harbour
- Various abutments in Victoria’s inner Harbour
- Plumber Bay Loading and unloading facility, Esquimalt BC
Equipment Rental and Supply
- Equipment transfer via 130 foot double ramp/spud barge
- Barge and Crane rentals
- Barge assist boats and crews
Salish Sea First Nations Employment Program
Salish Sea First Nations Employment Program recruits local First Nations peoples regardless of employment skills and experience. Salish Sea endeavors to place the employees in meaningful and progressive positions at its own operation, plus Ralmax and other local companies.
We work with each First Nations employee to find the best employment fit through on-the-job and formal training, upgrading and apprenticeship programs, in cooperation with the hiring companies.
The Salish Sea program operates without dependence on any government funding programs. The hiring company pays a wage or salary commensurate with the employee’s skill and experience.