Vancouver Hot Topic Series:
March 12, 2015 | 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
On March 12, 2015 we welcomed 85 guests to the Fairmont Waterfront, in Vancouver BC..This highly topical discussion covered the implications of the June 2014 ruling by the Supreme Court of Canada granting 1,700 km2 of land in British Columbia to the Tsilhqot’in First Nation – Tsilhqot’in Nation v. British Columbia, 2014 SCC44.
This Panel discussed:
- the implications of Tsilhqot’in on Aboriginal-industry economic partnerships;
- highlighted promising approaches to building Aboriginal-industry economic partnerships within current legal frameworks, and;
- where to go from here and how to build stronger, more effective partnerships.
The panel included follows:
- Wayne Garnons-Williams , Senior Lawyer and Principal Director, Garwill Law Professional Corporation
- Robert McPhee , Managing Director, The Castlemain Group
- Miles Richardson, Interim Director, National Consortium for Indigenous Economic Development
- Chuck Strahl, Director and Chairman, Manning Centre for Building Democracy
Moderating the panel was:
- Lisa Charleyboy, Co-founder & Editor-in-chief, Urban Native Magazine.