Aboriginal Business Hall of Fame (ABHF)
The ABHF recognizes Aboriginal persons whose business leadership has made a substantive contribution to the economic and social well-being of Aboriginal people over a lifetime. Past laureates are from across Canada and represent Métis, Inuit, and First Nations persons. Starting in 2014, the Aboriginal Business Hall of Fame will recognize two distinct awards annually. The Lifetime Achievement Award will continue to honor the leadership and success of Aboriginal Business Men and Women across Canada. The second award will recognize an up-and-coming Aboriginal Entrepreneur. This award for Aboriginal business women and men under age 35, will accompany a $10,000 financial award for investment in the success of the future.
Eligibility for Lifetime Achievement Award
- First Nation (Status or Non-Status), Métis or Inuit business leaders who have built a full and rich career are eligible for nomination.
- Please fill out this Nomination Form (self-nominations will not be considered).
- Deadline to nominate somebody is June 30, 2013.
Eligibility for Youth Aboriginal Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- Applicants must be Canadian residents of First Nation (Status or Non-Status), Métis or Inuit ancestry and between the ages of 19-35.
- Self-employed for a minimum of one year.
- Submit a 30-60 second video about you and your business.
- Fill out the online application form found here. (Before you do this, please have your video completed. You may not save your application form and so must be filled out in one sitting).
- Deadline to apply is August 30th, 2013.
Both ABHF winners are chosen by the ABHF selection committee in the fall of every year. All applicants will be notified by late October.
Hall of Fame
Since the inaugural awards in 2005, the ABHF has inducted 19 laureates. Each year’s inductees are celebrated at a Toronto gala dinner with Canada's most influential business and political leaders. Highlights of the evenings include showings of videos produced to celebrate each laureate’s life-long contribution and addresses by the laureates to gala guests.
Hall of Fame Laureates